It is Christmas morning everyone! Can’t wait to open up those brackets and start playing!
I am making a lot of contingency brackets right now, but here are the most important predictions:
- Michigan State will be the one in the West and Oregon the two if Michigan State wins today. Otherwise, Oregon is the one in the West.
- I’m calling for a shockingly good day for power conference bubble teams. I am taking Syracuse, Michigan, and Florida. 🤔
- Virginia will be the third overall seed playing out of the South despite not winning the ACC tournament or regular season.
- Temple stays in the field despite a high RPI and a loss to Uconn.
- Neither St Mary’s or Monmouth make it. But the last team in the field is mid-major Wichita State who gets the benefit of the doubt despite a very underwhelming resume. They better hope the committee really buys into that Fred Van Vleet injury because my head says, “no,” but my gut says, “yes.”
Stay tuned later for my final bracket!